この商品を友人に教える:
Lost Idora Park James M Amey
遠隔倉庫からの取り寄せ
Lost Idora Park
James M Amey
Idora Park opened on May 30, 1899, as Terminal Park, a picnic area at the final trolley stop on the south side of Youngstown, Ohio. The name was changed to Idora Park on November 25, 1899. Initial features and attractions included a Dentzel carousel with stationary animals, a casino stage, a bandstand, swings, picnic tables, drinking fountains, and toilet facilities. People flocked to the new park, jamming streetcars to capacity. On August 27, 1899, twenty thousand people crowded into the park. The trolley tracks had to be doubled in number, and many more streetcars were added. On Independence Day, 1901, thirty thousand people came to see the fireworks display. Idora Park needed to expand in order to accommodate these huge crowds. And expand it did. By 1915, the park had doubled in size. On April 26, 1984, it all came crashing down. Fire destroyed the two premier rides and half of one midway. Idora Park did not recover, and 1984 was its final year.
| メディア | 書籍 Hardcover Book (ハードカバー付きの本) |
| リリース済み | 2019年8月12日 |
| ISBN13 | 9781540239921 |
| 出版社 | Arcadia Publishing Library Editions |
| ページ数 | 130 |
| 寸法 | 170 × 244 × 10 mm · 412 g |
| 言語 | 英語 |