East Longmeadow - John y Hess - 書籍 - Arcadia Publishing Library Editions - 9781531602611 - 2000年7月28日
カバー画像とタイトルが一致しない場合、正しいのはタイトルです

East Longmeadow

価格
¥ 5.467
税抜

遠隔倉庫からの取り寄せ

発送予定日 年9月14日 - 年9月24日
John y Hess の新しいリリースのお知らせを受け取る
iMusicのウィッシュリストに追加

まだ評価がありません

East Longmeadow was first known as the east village of Longmeadow, which was established in 1644. The name was derived from the great meadows along the Connecticut River that lie on the western edge of town. Scrub pine and sandy fields a few miles to the east separated East Village from the rest of town. The area's first settlers lived along the river, but the spring floods drove them to higher ground. Both East Village and Longmeadow were mostly agricultural areas. By the 1860s, East Village residents started to farm the land in their own town, and in 1894, East Longmeadow became a town of its own. Brown and red sandstone put the town of East Longmeadow on the map. Local farmers who found outcroppings of the stone on their land first used the stone for their house foundations and walkways. In 1875, large companies, such as Norcross Brothers and James & Marra Company, operated the quarries, employing hundreds of men. They hired Canadians and many Scandinavians who bought land in the town and built their own homes. The quarrying industry had its heyday until the first part of the 1900s.

メディア 書籍     Hardcover Book   (ハードカバー付きの本)
リリース済み 2000年7月28日
ISBN13 9781531602611
出版社 Arcadia Publishing Library Editions
ページ数 130
寸法 170 × 244 × 10 mm   ·   412 g
言語 英語  

John y Hessの他の作品を見る

すべて表示

同じ出版社からのその他の記事